This position will be directed and supervised by a Department Head or General Manager. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and supervising others in their operational assignments. Other duties may be assigned as required by the business and/or training for career advancement. Ensure guest satisfaction and the efficient operation of the hotel by supervising back of the house operating departments in the absence of the General Manager and/or the Manager on Duty. This individual may assist the General Manager by continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation cost control guest satisfaction and development of associates. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly. The Operations Manager OEM may function to support a number of areas at the property including: Housekeeping Engineering/Maintenance F&B PBX Bell staff Front Office and Banquets.
- At least 3 years progressive experience in a Rooms or F&B department Hotel; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2 years' experience in a Rooms or F&B department at a Hotel; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years of experience in a Rooms or F&B department at a Hotel.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality’s dress code and wearing a nametag when working (per brand standards)
- Comply and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR & First Aid.
- As applicable to the hotel ensures the efficient operation of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager by supervising and supporting the Engineering and Housekeeping departments. Use competencies from Aimbridge & Brand training materials to develop self in all operational departments. Work with Department Heads to gain a good understanding of each position and how it affects the operation of the hotel.
- Assist in creating an environment where employees make empowered decisions to ensure guest satisfaction. Follow up on all empowerment successes and opportunities with the appropriate Department Head.
- As applicable to the hotel assist the General Manager with the creation of financial reports as required by the Corporate Office. Meet all Corporate imposed deadlines as well as those imposed by the General Manager.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training.
- As needed assist the General Manager in recruiting hiring and training for Guest Services based on occupancy
- Participate in weekly meetings with Front Desk to address oversell settings and react accordingly
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment that focuses on the guest through employee development and motivation.
- Assist the Department Head or General Manager with maintaining compliance with Preventative Maintenance and Deep Cleaning Programs through the daily and/or weekly inspection of rooms with the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests management and all other employees.
- Be familiar with S.O.P.’s in all Operations departments.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become certified to train those as required.
- Generally a promotional opportunity will require relocation to another property.
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security
- Attend all scheduled meetings that take place on the property when you are scheduled.
Residence Inn Austin Round Rock hotel stands out among extended-stay Round Rock hotels for excellent service and brand new amenities. Each of our pet-friendly, apartment-style suites offers 50% more space than an average hotel room and includes a full kitchen, flat-screen TV and separate living and sleeping areas. Guests can enjoy our free hot breakfast buffet with healthy options, the 24-hr Market located in the lobby and ask us about our free grocery shopping service to help stock their in-suite fridge. With over 700 sq. ft. of event space and proximity to Dell and Hospira, business travel is easy at our Round Rock hotel. Families will have a great time too in our outdoor pool, playing a game of basketball on SportCourt or grilling out on our BBQ patio. Whether on a long business trip or taking a family getaway, Residence Inn Austin Round Rock hotel is the perfect choice for a home away from home.
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan