30+ days ago
We are looking for an Operations Manager with extensive pharmaceutical/medical device to join our dynamic team within our Life Sciences Division. You will manage a team of Meeting Planners and Meeting Coordinators. This role will be responsible for all program operations, program management, staffing, and maintaining service levels at or above the minimum standards, and managing team performance, including areas for improvement. The Operations Manager is responsible for meeting with the client’s business unit managers regularly to discuss the needs of the business including having a clear understanding of the client’s forecast.
This office-based position is in Cincinnati, OH.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Manage, oversee, and assign workload for all direct reports; ensuring the availability & development of talent needed to meet current & future needs
• You will develop relationships with the client’s business leaders to better understand the changing needs of the business and to forge strong relationships
• Ensure both yourself and your team have a clear understanding of the BU(s) you support, and the nuances involved in maintaining the business
• Provide knowledge and guidance to our clients to help lead them to the best result
• Liaise with client regularly to monitor progress of direct reports and areas for opportunity
• Attend leadership meetings to remain current on process and policy.
• Implement BCD Meetings & Events standard operating procedures (SOPs) and implement customer specific SOPs
You’re good at:
• Strong leadership skills
• Good analytical skills, general understanding of accounting, budget and profit and loss statements
• Strong customer service and organization skills
• Strong understanding of compliance controls & adherence
• Knowledge of group travel operations and industry.
• Managing strong clients and growing operations.
• Effective organizational and time management skills and follow-through on goals, plans, and project.
• Exhibiting excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to select, motivate, coach, and develop staff.
• Professional manner and appearance.
• Ability to lead - setting direction, developing teamwork and collaboration, and achieving results through others.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years-experience in managing people.
• Minimum of eight (8) years-experience in event planning and/or program management, to be able to anticipate & solve problems prior to program impact required.
• Minimum of five (5) years-experience in account/client management.
• Minimum of five (5) years-experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services.
• Experience managing budgets required.
• Pharmaceutical Industry experience required.
• Able to travel as required
What we offer you
• A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and career growth
• Competitive salary and benefits package