Operations Program Manager
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a
Operations Program Manager
with a top client in RTP.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities with Apex Systems, please send a resume and best contact information to Caroline, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Client
Apex Systems' client is a product-driven, fully integrated gene therapy company focused on creating and developing innovative genetic medicines with life-changing or curative potential for patients with devastating conditions, including monogenic rare disease and beyond.
Our client's company leverages a proprietary structure-inspired adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector engineering platform (STRIVE) to create unique and differentiated vectors that improve upon naturally occurring AAV serotypes to overcome current limitations of first-generation gene therapies. Combined with genetic construct design expertise and in-house manufacturing capabilities, this company is positioned to generate best-in-class genetic medicines that allow more patients to benefit with maximum efficiency, leading to improved treatment outcomes.
Our client's company is comprised of accomplished leaders and talented, passionate colleagues with a desire to translate innovative science into treatments. Together with their collaborators, the company is making rapid progress on our mission to bring novel medicines to patients who desperately need them. Our client's offices, labs and manufacturing facility are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park, NC.
We are seeking an Operations Program Manager who will oversee the planning, development and execution of projects to support our client's operational business goals and objectives. The Operations Program Manager plays a key role in identifying, coordinating and monitoring the activities and other projects required to support construction expansion activities, implementation and execution of the operations activities to support the product roadmaps and assisting operations departments in the development and implementation of their departmental project plans. This position will be accountable for successful execution of assigned projects through project planning, adherence to schedule and budget requirements, and risk/issue management in a highly regulated GMP environment. The position will assure alignment with the client's internal and external stakeholders to assure objectives are met. The Operations Program Manager will support preparation of project management reports, business cases and other communications to the Operations Leadership team.
- Responsible for developing detailed project plans, road maps, timeline estimates, and budgets to achieve project objectives in support of company Operations functional teams (i.e. Process and Analytical Development, Research Vector Production, etc.). Projects overseen may include such items as: Technical Transfer of products, E-System implementation, budget revisions, etc.
- Coordinates with Operations functional team(s) on project implementation and execution to ensure quality, timelines and budget management. Consults with clients, vendors, and internal staff to resolve major problems and respond to project changes.
- Assists the VP Strategy and Operations in the overall strategy implementation and may have frequent interaction with other corporate functions in the support of the corporate roadmap implementation.
- Supports set-up of adequate internal communication within the Operations team (internal meetings, reporting, correspondence). Effectively presents information, responds to questions and facilitates communications regarding critical issues and business impacts to Operations management,
- Plans, coordinates, and supports presentation preparation and may at times be called on to present at internal and external meetings.
- Prepares project management reports for management and key stakeholders, utilizing MS Project, budget tracking and project management tools.
- Establishes and enforces best practices, accurate record-keeping and file maintenance.
- Travel up to 20% of the time (if required)
- Such other responsibilities and duties as the Management may from time to time assign.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, biotechnology discipline or similar. Experience managing projects in biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Experience in providing formal presentations as well as proven problem-solving skills.
- 5-7 years' experience managing projects in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams to achieve results.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, strong workflow and process analysis skills.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with competing priorities and ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills developed through leading teams.
- Must have sound knowledge of cGMP processing.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to move 50 lbs. required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion activities for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
What Our Client Offers
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation
- A bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting area of science and technology.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth
- Stock Options
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision care
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan + match
- Paid parental leave
- Concierge services
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym membership, fully stocked kitchen, retail discount programs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
About the Company
Apex Systems, a segment of ASGN Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), is a technology services business that delivers emerging technology solutions to bring our clients digital visions to life. Apex has presence in over 70 markets across US, Canada and Mexico. Our consultants work with all types of companies throughout all industries, including more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies. Are you an innovator with high standards who wants to help shape the world? We want you! Learn more about how to find your purpose with Apex, visit www.apexsystems.com.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.