The Clinical Analyst completes tasks assigned through standard workflow tracking tools (Houston, BA, etc.) and provides operational expertise under the direction of a manager or other team members. Responsibilities include handling daily request tracking, researching operational issues and running reports for internal and external clients upon request; and identifying operational or productivity enhancements.The Clinical Analyst will provide project and administrative support to the team and escalate issues, risks, concerns as needed. Provides support to assigned accounts by responding to inquiries or resolving complex issues using independent judgment and discretion.
- Provide operational support for assigned ESI Markets (Commercial, Medicare, Health Plan, etc.) for going plan changes, new implementations, and renewal activity.
- Review, analyze and verify intent of assigned benefit set-ups as they relate to products and programs. Identify and communicate need for customization to support client benefit requirements; attend client calls/meetings as needed; attend internal validation meetings; run customized and scheduled reports, manage performance guarantee tracking and report distribution for internal/external clients as requested.
- Adhere to all organizational SOPs and Compliance standards; provide subject matter input as it relates to checklists and SOPs
- Assist with operation input related to new product development; identification, research and resolution of operational issues; provide training and mentoring for new team members, off-shore and contingent employee resources.
- Comply with ESI document and retention requirements.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Receives instruction, guidance and directions from others
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisors, project leaders, and other professionals in the section or group.
- Formal Education and/or Training
- Bachelor's degree or 5 to 7 years of equivalent work experience
- 0 - 3 years of relevant experience. Preferred experience in PBM and benefit set-up knowledge.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, email and Internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills highly desirable
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the health care and PBM industry and its products and services
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage timelines and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Good organizational, prioritizing skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated ability to work with other departments/teams to resolve issues
- PC Skills including Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
Independently develop standardized new group clinical design requests in the ESI system. Assist with more complex setups or projects as needed. Track and report progress to team to ensure deadlines are met. Perform verification/QA and system testing before implementation and within contractual timeframe agreements. Provide consultative support to internal & external clients by researching & assisting with resolution of benefit design and claims issues.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.