Hilton Garden Inn LAX/El Segundo
El Segundo, CA
The Operations Supervisor will primarily be responsible for operational tasks and supervising others in their operational assignments at the hotel under the direction of the General Manager (or assigned Hotel Leadership). This role will ensure guest satisfaction and the efficient operation of the hotel by assisting back of the house operating departments. The Operations Supervisor may function to support a number of areas at the property including: Housekeeping F&B Front Office and Banquets. Other duties may be assigned as required by the business demand.Responsibilities:
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driverâ€™s license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful high pressure situations including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associate and other departments within the hotel (set example for other associates be a team leader).
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests as well as being familiar with all in-house groups.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system and checklist.
- Be familiar with P.O.S. system used in the hotel.
- Monitor and follow up on all servers/baristas/bartendersâ€™ cash overages and shortages.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality credit policies.
- Ensure employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests employees and other managers.
- Assist in preparation of staff schedules according to business forecast maintaining adherence to wage control productivity standards and guest service scores.
- Assist food and beverage department and front desk operations based on volume and need.
- Assist in training of new hires and current associates at front office and food and beverage on a regular basis.
- Assist the FOM in ensuring that associates are following and maintaining Aimbridge Hospitality standards (i.e. answering phones call-backs to guests guest request log).
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and able to react to emergency situations by knowing locations of fire extinguishers and exits.
- Assist in monthly food and beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Immediately follow up on accidents problems or guest complaints in the food and beverage department as well as the front desk.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Perform other duties and/or attend meetings or trainings as required by management.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan