Operations Supervisor-Exciting Work, Great Team - Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are the Wallenius Wilhelmsen group, delivering innovative and sustainable global shipping and logistics solutions for manufacturers of cars, trucks, heavy equipment and specialized cargo. Our longevity of 157 years in business means we stay relevant and in motion!
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor to come join our Wilmington, CA team!Job Description:
As an Operations Supervisor you will:
- Evaluate daily production requirements and ensure the appropriate scheduling of resources based on skills, abilities, and ILU chart.
- Provide direct, daily supervision of department employees.
- Ensure adequate training of department employees.
- Monitor inventory levels and re-order parts as necessary.
- Identify and implement cost reduction activities.
- Ensure that established operating procedures are followed for all department functions and processes.
- Ensure department efficiency standards are met or exceeded while maintaining the Wallenius standards of quality and efficiency which are established by the Operations Manager and are communicated via Time per Activity (TPA) and Labor Efficiency Goals (PET).
- Maintain workplace safety standards, including proper storage/handling of hazardous waste materials.
- Support the Way of Working (WoW) program with SOP observations, 5s observations, visual management compliance, and EHS / Safety programs and goals
- Support the implementation, monitoring, and compliance of the mobility program.
- Lead morning meetings daily reporting to hourly employeeâ€™s production planning, quality concerns, safety concerns, and all relevant topics.
- Daily and Weekly timekeeping reviews and approvals in Kronos timekeeping system.
- Daily interaction and compliance with multiple OEM standards and compliance factors for a multi-car facility.
- Possess the ability to fill in, float, and learn the intricacies of different departments:
- Consistently run and allocate open services lists to VM team.
- Assign new on ground assignments to the team for allocations.
- Print new workorders and labels for on ground assignments and allocate jobs to the team.
- Planning vessel discharges
- Work with the VM and Accessory team to plan out daily production schedules.
- Consistent monitoring of on ground allocations, and throw-in line to watch workflow through the line to meet daily KPI goals.
- Assign daily locations of release, stock, FPOR and herringbone.
- Designate daily production activities based on communication with the distribution team and accessory reporting.
- Consistent monitoring of workflow through the throw in line to meet daily KPI goals.
- Designate rail loading activities based on rail sort and rail spot reports
- Inspect spacing on rail cars and fill out load sheet
- Communication with internal and external stakeholder on bad orders and spacing issues
- Ensure on site AAR and safety procedures and being followed
- Continue required paperwork for daily rail compliance such as meetings and rail rollout procedures.
- Daily communication and handling of responsibilities with two Class 1 railroads.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Ablities
- 3-5 years first line supervisory experience.
- Complete understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, accessory, distribution, production, warranty and body shop processes.
- Ability to identify quality problems associated with vehicle and lead effort to construct and implement effective countermeasures to problems.
- Must be able to lift, carry and hold items up to 50lbs.
- Read and understand SOP and suggest changes.
- Complete understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, WW Solutions and customer requirements concerning safety and vehicle condition upon arrival and prior to shipment.
- Experience with SOP, MRP, TQM, JIT, Kaizen, 5S, and visual factory management.
- Experience in an assembly line operation, with emphasis on automotive or mechanical applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to perform in high pressure and dynamic situations.
- Self-motivated with an extreme desire to succeed.
- Proactive, with the ability to think globally.
- Proven management skills and experience in employee relations.
- Willing to work any shift, open to future relocation; able to work long hours and weekends if required.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and database navigational skills.
- 4-year degree preferred; or high school diploma with equivalent experience.
- Must possess valid driverâ€™s license & drive manual and automatic transmissions.
Your work style
- Encouraging others to do their best
- Problem solver
Our Culture Compass (values) guides how we work together exhibiting Courage, Imagination, Trust, Candor and Speed.
We are the Wallenius Wilhelmsen group, delivering innovative and sustainable global shipping and logistics solutions for manufacturers of cars, trucks, heavy equipment and specialized cargo.
If you are interested in joining our team APPLY NOW!