Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems installation and/or maintenance activities. Works on relatively straightforward installation and/or maintenance assignments on network switching equipment. Technician for customer/company network systems installation and/or maintenance activities.
The Main Responsibilities
• Responsible for identifying and resolving customer reported trouble.
• Provide advance technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and correction.
• Assist with answering customer calls during overflow/outage situations.
• Updates status to customers on an as required basis.
• Escalation of customer and network trouble to ensure timely resolution.
• Actively work with local exchange carriers and CenturyLink internal Operations Centers to ensure current services are active and restored within the Service Level Agreements.
• Keep the project team updated with daily progress reports on any assigned actions.
• Using INTAS, and CLI access this position will isolate layer 1 problems on DS0, DS1 and DS3 circuits on the IP platform, VPN and MPLS Network.
• Detailed understanding of DS0/1 and 3 circuits: point to point, private line, and Ethernet.
• Ability to work Tuesday - Saturday, 3pm - 11pm off shift schedule.
• Previous experience troubleshooting complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU, or carrier services.
• Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment to resolve trouble tickets.
• Advanced expertise with IP routing on multiple router platforms.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
• Experience with advance commands in Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel and or UNIX commands.
• Excel at working on complex MPLS issues.
• DNS & e-mail problem expertise.
• Experience with Wireless Access Points and various remote switches/MUX's/VOIP Telephones.
• Advanced layer 1 troubleshooting for DS0, DS1, point to point, private line, and Ethernet circuits.
• Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
• Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
• Ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
• Familiarity with VOIP, long distance and international dialing and routing.
• Ability to identify and resolve customer reported trouble.
• Takes full ownership and accountability in areas assigned. Takes independent action and rarely requires guidance, often proactively take the lead on technical issues/concerns.
What We Look For in a Candidate
General Work Competencies / Abilities:
• Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems (implementation, acceptance and change management).
• Ability to resolve complex network problems involving power, network hardware/software, lines, routers, firewalls, modems and terminals.
• Ability to use software/hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems.
• Experience conducting installation and maintenance on complex network monitoring equipment.
• Ability to resolve complex trouble tickets.
• Apply excellent customer service skills.
• The desire to work in a complex 24x7 call center.
• Demonstrated proficiency with trouble ticketing application as well as other internal tools.
• The ability to work off hours/on call and during holidays.
• Expertise Mentoring/Training/Coaching team members.
• Required - Cisco CCNA certifications or equivalent IT technology awareness. Candidate has demonstrated technical helpdesk experience.
• 5 + year of technical customer call center experience.
• Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Networks or related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience or 7+ years of related work experience.
• Test knowledge/experience of DS0/DS1 circuits.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
• Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel routers and or UNIX commands.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 257416
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Lumen Technologies, Inc
Lumen is an enterprise technology platform that enables companies to capitalize on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR). This revolution is redefining how we live and work, creating an unprecedented need for an advanced application delivery architecture—designed specifically to handle the complex and data-intensive workloads of next-gen technology and businesses.
We integrate network assets, cloud connectivity, security solutions and voice and collaboration tools into one platform that enables businesses to leverage their data and adopt next-generation technologies.