Eye Physicians of Long Beach
LONG BEACH, CA
We are a fun, fast paced ophthalmology office looking for an Ophthalmic Technician to join our team! We pay a competitive salary. NO travel between offices. NO weekends.
The technician is primarily responsible for a complete work up, patient education, and the completion of all diagnostic testing.
This position is also responsible for assisting the doctor in the clinic and in surgical procedures by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all forms are complete and pertinent information has been recorded.
- Performs refractions, topographical mapping, wavefront analysis, lensometer, pachymeter and visual acuities.
- Evaluates and measures pupil size and responses, general use of a slit lamp microscope, applanation tonometer and proper instillation of eye drops.
- Provides pre/post-operative care and instructions.
- Assists in surgery by preparing the laser room with supplies and sterilized equipment.
- Stocks all medication and medical supplies by proactively planning work week to ensure completion of required tasks.
- Keeps up with all regular and emergency maintenance on medical equipment.
- Assists in other areas as needed
- 2+ years experience as Ophthalmology Technician is ideal
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Desire to Provide an Exceptional Patient Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $25.00 per hour