Eye Physicians of Long Beach
Long Beach, CA
Long Beach, CA, US
Long Beach, CA
30+ days ago
2+ years of Ophthalmic Scribing required
- Perform preliminary exams including taking patient histories, visual acuity corrected and uncorrected, pupil tests, refractometry (Best Corrected), and applanation tonometry.
- Administering anesthetics and dilating drops, preparing injections and relaying prescriptions to pharmacy.
- Familiar with ocular medications.
- Keeping track of and assisting in good patient flow.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records so they can document accurate and timely chart notes.
- Maintains a positive attitude and enjoys helping people.
- Accurately records, remembers, and verbally communicates detailed information
- Completes a detailed patient history which includes: past medical history (systemic and ocular), family medical history (systemic and ocular), medication history (systemic and ocular), and the chief complaint.
- Performs auto-refraction prior to MD or OD exam.
- Able to performs the following test : OCT RNFL, OCT MAC, Fundus Photos, Ishihara Color Vision, Amsler, Visual Fields
- Performs applanation or Tonopen tonometry.
- Performs angle assessment and pupil assessment prior to dilating patient.
- Performs BAT and PAM tests as directed by MD.
- Performs corneal pachymetry and corneal topography.
- Performs eye irrigation if instructed by MD.
- Knowledge of instruments routinely used in office, such as Vannas scissors, Jeweler’s forceps, punctal dilators and lid speculum, ect..
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $18 - $21 Annual