TRES VISION GROUP
Merritt Island, FL
TRES VISION GROUP is a comprehensive medical and surgical eye practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of vision disorders. We provide the highest quality of eye care for cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, corneal conditions, macular degeneration and dry eyes. We achieve this through our patient-centric practice philosophy, our compassionate staff, skilled medical team, and incorporation of the latest state-of-the art advances in eye care.
We realize that each patient who walks through our doors is trusting us with their most precious gift – the gift of sight. Our team of medical experts work together in a cooperative care model that enhances our patients’ outcomes and experiences.
Our mission at TRES VISION GROUP is to heal, and whenever possible, cure or fix our patient’s eyes and in the process help them ‘fix their eyes’ on what really matters most.
The Ophthalmic Technician assists doctors with patient coordination, preparation, performing patient visual tests and ensuring patient charts are accurate and updated to deliver the highest level of service.
· Greet patients with a smile when call them back from reception
· Obtain patient’s reason for visit and complete ocular and medical history
· Perform accurate vision and diagnostic tests and documenting accurately
· Document patient’s exam, assessment and plan including follow up care in EMR as directed by physician
· Perform Visual Field, OCT, Corneal Topography, Refractometry and Dilation of pupils
· Prepare for and assist in minor procedures as directed
· Be familiar with ICD-10 and CPT codes to insure appropriate billing
· Work with all staff to ensure a smooth patient flow for the physician
· Communicate effectively with front desk staff
· Sterilize and stock all exam rooms
· Sterilize all instruments used in autoclave
· Order clinical supplies
Other Skills and Abilities
· The use of kindness, empathy and patience when dealing with our patients
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work as a team member
· Cooperates and effectively communicates with all staff members and physicians about patient matters
· Excellent customer service skills are essential
· Effectively work with others with courtesy, tact, friendliness, enthusiasm, compassion, and a caring and helpful nature
· Punctuality, attendance, scheduling of absences
· Adjustment to change, resetting of priorities, time management skills, resourcefulness, initiative
· Follows code of conduct / ethics of our profession and our practice
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: $15 - $23 Hourly