Pearle Vision of Glen Burnie MD
Glen Burnie, MD
The basic function of the Optician is to attract and retain patients by delivering an exceptional patient experience, foster patient retention, and promote outstanding doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing through role-playing, and using effective retail sales skills.
- Develop professional business relationships with other associates and Doctors.
- Fill ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, and fit and adapt lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilize optical prescription in conjunction to the patient's visual requirements.
- Recommend specific lenses, and lens coatings to suit patient needs.
- Assist patients in the selection of frames, and coordinate frames to prescription and patient need.
- Perform appropriate optical related measurements.
- Ensure a quality patient experience through correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes.
- Provide appropriate guidance to patients regarding Managed Vision Care.
- Assist the store with being effectively merchandised according to the Planogram and other Company standards.
- Assist with the timely execution of approved Marketing programs and initiatives, and the implementation of appropriate signage and promotions according to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Pre-screen patients prior to doctor appointment.
- Routine store cleaning.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience is not required.
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results.
- Experience and proven results with a retail or customer service establishment.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Foster positive and results-oriented associate and doctor relationships.
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and flexibility.
- Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Experience with personal computers preferred.
- Ability to decipher and calculate patient's vision insurance.
- Working knowledge of prescreening equipment (Optomap, Auto-refractor, Tonometer, etc.) prefered.
High school diploma or equivalent, or comparable experience typically achieved with a minimum of 5 years in a optical retail environment.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their