Optometric Technician - delaware
Looking for a technician to work with our Optometrist on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays (approximately from 8-4 or 9-5). You may travel anywhere from 15 min to an hour+ to our various work sites but somedrive time is paid as work time. Earn an additional $25 bonus per day when you qualify! Optometric tech experience (or a healthcare background) is a huge plus but we will train the right candidate
The work is located in various nursing homes in Delaware so the candidate must be willing to work at the different sites and have a way to get there--must have a working car. We compensate for gas/mileage and any tolls.
We’re looking for pro-active, well-rounded, responsible Optometric Technicians to join our growing team. If you’re the right one for us, you love working in a medical environment, you are interested in eye care, you pride in providing excellent service, you have a soft spot for the elderly, think of every small detail as important, and loves to meet new people and be in different places everyday.
Reports directly to the Optometrist and responsible for conducting pre-testing such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, pupil reflexes, visual field testing, pressure inside the eye and blood pressure; frame and lens selection, eyeglass adjustment. Also responsible for getting the residents ready to be seen by the doctor. Helps prepare and maintain patient records and examination room area. Handling some technical duties involving equipment and eyeglass preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the examination area hour before the doctor’s arrival.
- Find out the reason for the patient’s consultation.
- Assist residents and prepare them to be seen by the doctor.
- perform vision testing
- Fill out Daily Tracker Sheet at the end of the workday documenting information off of patient exams
- Collect medication lists and facesheets from the facilities system for all patients seen by the Dr.
- Coordinate with the Nurse Supervisor if a resident with a scheduled consultation was not seen for whatever reason.
- Respond to office questions.
- Adhere to the Nursing Homes’ policies and procedures in filling up exam forms etc
- Assist patients in selecting frames and fitting and measuring for eyeglasses
- adjust glasses for all patients that received them from the last visit
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- At least High School Graduate
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar field an advantage but not required
- Effective team player. With very good interpersonal relationship skills and can work and relate well with co-employees, patients and customers.
- Must have the behavioral sensitivity, maturity, diplomacy and tact in addressing complex situations and handling irate customers.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Computer literate and very highly proficient in using MS office programs.
- Loves to interact with elderly patients.
Job Type: Full-time