We are looking for a diligent oral surgery assistant to support our oral surgeon before, during, and after each dental procedure. Your responsibilities will include developing X-rays, preparing surgical equipment, and tending to patients. You will also be required to monitor inventory levels and replenish our dental supplies, as needed.
To be successful as an oral surgery assistant, you should be highly organized and attentive to patients' needs. An outstanding oral surgery assistant should have an excellent understanding of oral surgery procedures and exceptional hand-eye coordination.
Oral Surgery Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing administrative tasks such as appointment scheduling, charting, and filing.
- Preparing patient charts, recording treatment plans, and updating dental records.
- Preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments, materials, and equipment in accordance with infection control and biohazard protocols.
- Assisting the surgeon with all chairside procedures including operatory setup, anesthesia administration, and cleanup.
- Preparing patients for surgery and monitoring vital signs during procedures.
- Providing patients with information on oral health care, treatment plans, and postoperative outcomes.
- Monitoring our stock of surgical supplies and medication and replenishing these, as needed.
- Ensuring that instruments and equipment are effectively maintained.
- Providing excellent patient care at all times.
Oral Surgery Assistant Requirements:
- At least six months of dental assisting experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of how to use surgical equipment, instruments, and materials.
- A good understanding of surgical techniques, chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols.
- An excellent understanding of dental records, charts, and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent patient care, even under stressful circumstances.
- Consistent professionalism in appearance and attitude.
Employment Type: Full Time