Odyssey House INC
New York, NY
The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and delivery of mental health, substance abuse counselling, intervention services, education services, and case management services. The Outreach Coordinator is an integral part of the clinical team. He/she is directly supervised by the Senior Director. The Outreach Coordinator conducts groups at various outside programs and provides supervision, training and orientation for all Peer Specialists.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing various outreach groups and marketing outreach services.
- Act as an integral member of the Outreach Team.
- Must document individual progress notes on a weekly basis, maintain all group notes and charts according to the DOHMH regulations.
- Responsible for screening and recruiting clients with the NYS Psychiatric Hospitals, Office of Mental Health License Programs/Housing, Shelters, Treatment programs and NYC hospitals.
- Maintain All files in appropriate, designated locations in the Outreach office to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- When client contact is off-site, all client notes must be secured outside the Program's office, it is important to ensure confidentiality is respected both verbally and in written form.
- All group notes must be brought into the office and securely stored at the end of each day.
- Conduct regularly secheduled groups with clients at various sites in a timely manner.
- Conduct a minimal of one Community Outreach event or activity to promote program services.
- Outreach will be conducted throughout the five boroughs including responding to requests from other community based providers, heath fairs, college campuses and onsite community presentations.
- Properly document and file case notes and other reports in accordance with program protocols.
- Collect data and reports on client satisfaction regarding groups.
- Attend meetings and training functions Safeguard confidential information.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Senior Director.
- Prepare monthly Levels of Service (LOS) Report through DOMHH website.
- Ensure supervision for staff as per Oydssey House internal policies. Prepare written six-month and annual performance evaluations on staff under his/her supervision.
- Comply with all DOMHH regulations and participate in the certification process.
- Maintain good relations with and act as liasion to the state monitoring agency
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma/GED required or Bachelor's Degree and 3 years outreach experience in a clinical, mental health, housing or chemical dependency preferred.
- A commitmewnt to recovery, choice, empowerment, and the ability to help people with serious mental illness and/or co-occuring disorders to find meaningful lived in the community.
- Ability to establish a trusting relationship with peers, including excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with good writing and organizational abilities.
- Ability to network within the community and work with diverse populations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
In addition to competitive salaries, Odyssey House offers a full spectrum of benefits:
- A 35-hour work week
- Vacation Plan
- Health Insurance (Two Plans)
- Corporate Counseling Associates (CCA) EAP benefit
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- STAR Approved Loan Forgiveness Facilities
- Eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
Odyssey House is an equal opportunity employer maintaining a non-discriminatory policy on hiring of its personnel. Odyssey House, and its operational divisions, will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizen status in all employment decisions including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, training, rate of pay or other forms of compensation, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.