Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of packaging equipment in compliance with cGMP's and Standard Operating Procedures, including facilitation of equipment changeover activities and helping train line operators in associated tasks.
Work schedule is 3rd shift, 1PM - 7AM EST
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
• Ability and willingness to communicate openly with other mechanics, line operators, packaging supervisors in regard to adjustments or corrections performed on packaging equipment
• Preventive and corrective maintenance of packaging equipment.
• Assist packaging personnel in the changeover and operation of packaging equipment.
• Assist Engineering in the implementation of projects and continuous improvement objectives.
• Facilitate the setup and adjustment of equipment for different product sizes according to packaging line set up sheets.
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities and provide input into improvements or additions to PM routines.
• Observing equipment in operation to diagnose source of problems affecting line performance and implementing corrective action.
• Dismantle or partially dismantle equipment and perform repairs, replacing broken or defective parts and return equipment to operation.
• Prepare written specifications for major repair parts acquired through established vendors or from various machine shops.
• Recommend improvements for equipment operation and changeover.
• Work with Packaging operations to achieve maximum operating efficiency.
• Maintain clean work areas as required by FDA c-GMP's.
• Participate in shop floor activities such as tier level huddles, development of critical documentation such as centerlines, transformations, changeover tasks list, etc.
• Ability to read line diagrams and schematics to perform controls-oriented troubleshooting/repairs to packaging equipment
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) year technical degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience with automated controls and/or electromechanical manufacturing equipment required. Five (5) years of experience with automated controls, PLC troubleshooting, and electromechanical equipment preferred.