What we want:
We are looking to add a Cellar Tech team member to our production team! Our cidery/winery is located in the Hudson Valley in Newburgh, NY. The Cellar Tech will be responsible primarily for operating the canning line in a safe and efficient manner. Cellar Tech operation also includes but is not limited to; loading & unloading packaging material, assembling variety packs, and fulfilling general packaging needs as required. With a secondary focus on kegging, product transfer, palletizing, & CIP. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, positive, mechanically minded, & organized individual who is good at troubleshooting and has an attention for details.
- (Minimum) 1 year of beverage production such as beer/ cider/ wine/ carbonated water/ kombucha
- Experience operating a packaging/canning line(we use a Wild Goose 250)
- Experience operating industrial equipment, such as forklifts, canning lines, keg washers.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Machinery maintenance and ability to work with tech support and machine manuals
Education & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Comfortable utilizing computer systems, specifically Google Drive/ Google Docs/ Sheets/ G-Mail, etc.
- Capable of receiving written/ oral instructions/ tasks, execute said tasks and if need be problem solve with minimal assistance.
- Clean and valid driver’s license, have a vehicle
- Ability to work rotating shifts and adjust schedule to meet production demands
- Dedication to meet all deadlines
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Job Tasks (include but not limited to):
- Working on canning line, handling packout, and case tray building
- Routine maintenance to all critical machinery for packaging
- Ensure daily checklists have been completed before the start of and at the conclusion of each production run
- Palletizing kegs & cases over full production days
- Kegging and keg cleaning
- CIP of tanks, equipment, canning line, hoses, etc.
- Handling tank transfers and additions of cider, juice and other ingredients
- Maintain an immaculately clean and safe work environment
- Electronic Record keeping
What We Offer:
The opportunity to grow and learn with a small, yet dedicated team who works hard and plays hard. Continuing education and exposure to new ideas are fostered through field research, i.e. cider/ beer festivals/ conventions, field trips, etc. This is a great chance to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company who value creativity, ambition and a pallet for the unknown. Compensation:
Pay commensurate on experience.