Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Location: Kinston, NC
- Production Painters will be responsible for application of finishes to company products, aircraft, assemblies, parts, and test coupons.
- Perform various processing, coating application, and parts identification, along with the repair and minor assembly in the manufacture of company products.
Key Accountabilities – The Company will provide appropriate job training tenable employees to perform all necessary job functions following:
- Developing new and improved methods of production.
- Use any job-related equipment (e.g., hand, power tools, air tools and computers) needed to complete/process their work assignments.
- Perform process activities including, e.g., painting, media blasting, masking, stenciling, part identification marking, etc. to support the production requirements.
- Preparation of surfaces to be painted by use of pneumatic sanders or by hand.
- Work from Blueprints, Process Instructions, Customer specifications, Job Aids, Work Instructions, and written/verbal information.
- Work to and follow all Spirit, Customer, OSHA, ISO and Nadcap procedures,
- Must be able to access and work to material MSDS data and comply with Spirit Safety policies.
- Maintain certifications, qualifications, licenses or permits as required to perform work.
- Ability to work from elevated platforms, e.g., lifts, scaffolding, ladders.
- Set-up and use test equipment to ensure applications meet customer requirements by performing self-inspections of in-process and finished work.
- Input all required data into FDAQ database.
- Perform any pickup, rework, and incorporation of changes to the product as required.
- Perform housekeeping duties, proper disposal of materials, and follow Spirit’s “Clean as you Go" policy while performing duties in Paint Booths and designated areas.
- Maintain and keep paint mix room clean and organized.
- Perform routine minor equipment maintenance as part of daily work duties (e.g., cleaning of paint equipment and routine replacement of packing's, O rings, valves, etc.
- Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across aisle, using shop assigned equipment including ovens and overhead cranes, as required and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation.
- Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training and assisting employees of the same or lower classification level.
- Assist and demonstrate practices followed during all internal and external audits.
- Assist Assembly Technicians as required or as requested by Manager or Team Lead.
- This is a 2nd shift position but it requires the willingness and ability to work any shift, including nights, weekends, and alternative work weeks
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (can also provide proof of passing scores on the WorkKeys assessment in lieu of HS Diploma)
- Minimum 2-5 years of paint experience
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About the Company
Whether you're a customer, supplier, current or potential employee, or a community member, Spirit AeroSystems has something to offer you. We are the world's largest supplier of commercial airplane assemblies and components. We offer a diverse line of products and services for aerospace design, build, support and spares/repair needs. With manufacturing and business office facilities on three continents, our capabilities are technologically world-class in both proficiency and capacity.Our mission is to provide our customers with high-quality, cost-competitive products and services in the following areas: Fuselages Under-wing components Composites Wings Spares/repairs