This position is responsible for performing all types of industrial painting work.
- Prepares various surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, burning, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary.
- Mixes, matches and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desire color, consistency and drying properties.
- Caulks, putties, cements or plasters holes and cracks.
- Paints buildings, structures, equipment and furniture using brush, spray gun or other applicator.
- Prepares wall and hangs paper or other wall covering material.
- Determines quantities and requests supplies.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Promotes positive co-worker relationships through teamwork and cooperation.
- Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution.
- Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers in a non-threatening manner.
- Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience at a level equivalent to painter or similar work experience.
- Hospital experience (preferred.)
- Knowledge of industrial applications and appropriate coatings for metal and structures.
- Knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with painting trade.