GXO Enterprise Services LLC
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Paralegal, you will be responsible for supporting public company administration, including the preparation of company board and committee materials, insider ownership disclosure, annual shareholder meeting organization and proxy statement drafting. You will also prepare, manage and organize the necessary documents to comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Act as point of injection to manage intake and tracking of litigation matters, subpoenas and discovery requests
- Gather, organize and prepare for production information and documents in response to discovery requests and subpoenas; track and ensure compliance with deadlines
- Partner with the internal Legal Department, outside counsel and business unit representatives as needed
- Support due diligence, corporate records, contracts and leases
- Lead research efforts regarding issues related to supply chain, corporate and commercial law
- Prepare and review contracts and correspondence, including research and preliminary drafts
- Maintain legal entities as required, along with legal invoice administration
- Support in-house counsel at on a wide variety of issues related and in an administrative capacity as needed
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of corporate paralegal experience within a law firm or in-house environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent typing speed with attention to detail and accuracy
- 5 years of corporate paralegal experience within a law firm or in-house legal department environment
- Public company and corporate governance experience, including advanced knowledge of rules and regulations pertinent to corporate governance matters
- Knowledge of ethical boundaries of position and when to consult with attorney
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple detailed tasks concurrently with ease and a high degree of professionalism, including the flexibility necessary to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems; produce unambiguous and accurate interpretations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive materials and information
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including senior management and support staff
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.