Join the fastest-growing private ambulance company in America
PRN Ambulance is the premier provider of comprehensive medical transport services throughout Los Angeles County. With a customer-friendly vision and cutting-edge technological solutions, PRN Ambulance has an aggressive and strategic growth plan, and we are looking to bring on qualified paramedics who are ready to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
The purpose of the Paramedic position is to provide basic and advanced life support and emergency medical techniques to those in need of assistance. Participating in continuing education and training relative to medical and industry advancements is vital to succeeding in this role. The position of a Paramedic must possess excellent customer service skills and is a caring and compassionate clinician.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently and promptly;
- Administering basic and advanced life support to patients at the scene, en route to the hospital and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations and standards;
- Assessing the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed;
- Treating patients en route to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting in accordance with federal, state, local, laws, regulations and standards and in accordance with EMS policies rules, and guidelines;
- Effectively communicating with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/ or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center;
- Completing patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion.
- Adhere to and follow all policies and procedures concerning safety and contamination by bloodborne pathogens
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be current in local, state and federally mandated training
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- CPR/BLS, ACLS, and PALS (American Heart Association)
- Paramedic State Card
- Current and Valid State Driver’s License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner's Certificate (DL 51)
- LA County EMT-P Accreditation (We sponsor if you do not have this).
- Post offer must be able to obtain a DMV H6.
- Post offer must be able to obtain a LADOT permit.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Earn $23.71 to $30.99 per hour based on experience
- Daily overtime opportunities after 8 hours
- Night pay differential and assorted shifts available
- Flexible scheduling to work with outside commitments such as school
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Legal Shield, and more!
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Hiring 18 years of age and older
- Several promotional opportunities such as FTO, Field Supervisor, Management Training, etc.
- Certification Reimbursement: PRN Ambulance will reimburse for your DOT.
- PRN Ambulance offers free internal CPR, BLS, ACLS, and PALS classes to our employees.
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)