ESI Works is now hiring Paramedics in the following locations across Southwest Florida: Cape Coral, Estero, Punta Gorda, Fort Myers, Palmetto, Naples, North Port, Sarasota, and Venice, FL.
To provide Advance Life Support patient care and ambulance transportation. Also performs other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides emergency and non-emergency ambulance operations in conjunction with a partner, demonstrating excellent driving judgment and due regard for public safety during operation and positioning of unit.
- Responds to all assigned calls in the most appropriate, safe, and efficient manner to quickly assess the scene and request other help if needed.
- Provides BLS or ALS patient care in accordance with established ACLS and BTLS policies, procedures and observing prescribed local protocols and clinical practices. Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate techniques, resources, and equipment.
- May work with an EMT or another Paramedic in an ALS operation, providing overall care in the areas of patient assessment, packaging and transport.
- Completes appropriate medical records and transportation reports.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of current Paramedic standards of care, including equipment function and use.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of local geography, including mapping, street and GPS systems.
- Maintains units and equipment in a clean, organized and ready condition after each response.
- Completes or ensures completion of vehicle mechanical check off at the beginning of each shift ensuring that fuel, fluid levels, and tire air pressure are adequate at all times. Reports equipment damage or malfunctions as prescribed.
- Ensures that the daily equipment and supplies check sheet is completed, narcotic accountability book is completed and all equipment is in good working order.
- Completes all station duties and maintains crew quarters in a neat and serviceable condition.
- Must be able to physically report to work in a timely manner on a regular basis.
- Emergency clinical practices, procedures and protocol
- Use of medical and related emergency equipment
- Local geography
- Evaluating and treating patients
- Exercising judgment, dexterity and physical coordination
- Preparing clear and concise reports
- Driving emergency vehicles
Behavioral and Physical Skills:
- Ability to act calmly and quickly in emergency situations
- Can work independently as part of a team, sometimes alongside emergency fire and police units
- Able to create and maintain a positive and cooperative working environment in stressful situations
- Able to work during odd hours and for extended periods, sometimes outdoors and in adverse weather conditions
- Can work with much standing, bending, and kneeling
- Able to work with partner in lifting patients whose weight occasionally exceeds 250 pounds
- Strength required but not limited to arms, legs, and shoulders to lift, push and pull patients with and without assistance at various times.
- Able to avoid or minimize health risks and exposure for all Blood borne Pathogens and other airborne pathogens including MRSA by using personal protective equipment
Certification(s) and/or License(s):
- Current State of Florida Driver’s License
- Current State of Florida Paramedic Certification
- Current CPR Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate
- Completion of course-work and certification in emergency medicine
- A minimum of one year of experience in the field as an EMT or Paramedic (preferred but not required)
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply directly, or call 888.246.6066 for more information. Thank you for your interest in this position.