Aspen Valley Hospital
Carbondale, CO, US
3 days ago
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
This is a PRN position. Responsible for direct emergency patient medical care during ambulance responses, direct in-hospital physician and nursing assistance under the supervision of physicians. Assists the Director of Ambulance in planning, organizing and directing the activities of the ambulance department including assessment of equipment needs and maintenance of ambulance and living quarters. Maintains a good working relation with other hospital departments, associated Public Safety Agencies and the Community.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans care accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care so that problems are resolved.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect pre/during/post procedure
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self care needs
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional decision-making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department specific continuing education that improves patient care or professional practice.
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and activities.
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated, courteous and responsive employee.
- Performs assessment for and delivery of Emergency Medical Care to patients during ambulance responses at an EMT Paramedic Level.
- Operates Emergency vehicles and equipment safely and effectively.
- Maintains accurate and timely medical reports, charges, and logs including: ambulance report, ambulance run log, and vehicle log.
- Performs functions of a medical/nursing assistance nature at the direction of physicians in assigned areas within the certified capability of the Paramedic.
- Performs non-medical duties as requested by administration.
- Arranges patient transfer via ground or air from Aspen Valley Hospital to other receiving facilities upon notification by attending physician.
- Maintains ambulance and associated equipment in constant state of readiness to include cleaning, inventory and maintenance checks as per the appropriate check-off lists
- Assists with maintenance and cleaning of Aspen Ambulance District building, quarters, and bays.
- Assists in Department planning and offers suggestions for improvement of operations and equipment.
- Orients students or new EMTs to Ambulance and Hospital Emergency Unit Operations.
- Assists in coordination of continuing education and recertification of Hospital employed EMTs and nurses when possible.
- Ability and skill to perform basic life support as defined by Colorado State Rule 500/800 and applicable waivers.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have completed approved EMT-P course
- AS and/or BS preferred
- Current Colorado State EMT-P certification required
- National Registry EMT-P certification preferred
- BLS and ACLS certifications required
- NRP, CCEMTP, PHTLS or equivalent preferred
- Current Colorado Driver's License required
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Pay range for new hires: $28.33 - $36.77/hr
PRN Benefits: As an employee you will be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B, and also participate in a number of AVH hosted programs including cell phone discounts or computer software.