PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness through the physical facility that will provide a safe and clean environment conducive to clearing. This position requires heavy manually and repetitive tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes cleaning schedule for the areas assigned
- Has a basic understanding of the chemicals and processes used in the cleaning schedule. (Training provided by Supervisor).
- Maintains a positive public attitude with all staff, with a minimum interaction with students and visitors at all times.
- Reports all unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
- Observes cleaning and maintenance needs or requirements for areas assigned to immediate supervisor.
- Polices facility grounds as needed.
- Assists in the removal of snow from sidewalks, steps, driveways and other areas as needed.
- Secures his or her area at the end of the shift.
- Moves furniture as directed.
- Operates all power cleaning equipment as directed.
- Cleans classrooms, offices, locker rooms, stairs, hallways, restrooms, cafeterias, kitchens, gyms and fixtures as scheduled.
- Performs non-school day projects as assigned.
- Cleans and maintains cleaning equipment after each use.
- Participates in fire drills as directed by the Building Administrator.
- Changes light bulbs in area of responsibility, or as directed by Supervisor.
- Remains cost conscious by turning off lights and unused equipment. Reports unusual conditions to immediate supervisor.
- Do all cleaning of the building and grounds as directed by the Head Custodian.
- Operates all types of power machines and equipment
- Washes windows, inside and out
- Mows grass and shovel snow as needed
- Does minor repairs to equipment and building
- Moves furniture
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of one year experience in custodial maintenance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires that the employee be able to: sit, stand, walk, speak, hear, use hands, fingers, reach with hands and fingers; bend, stoop, lift objects of at least fifty pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop,TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of work year: Works a maximum of 25 hours per week