There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before!Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)- North Dakota - Fargo
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Factory Automation/Manufacturing Engineer-Fargo ND- 70211
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
- Develop and support LabView or PLC based programs to control assembly fixtures
- Assist with specifying sensors and cameras
- Develop and support vision systems
- Support production downtime issues related to the fixtures
- Create work instructions and develop methods to support manufacturing
- Provide production support for various manufacturing processes
- Work with suppliers to develop manufacturing processes
- Perform time and motion studies to ensure correct standards across manufacturing
- Assist engineers in process development work, which includes profiling, root cause analysis, machine programming, capability studies, line balancing and continuous improvement activities
- Any tasks as directed by department members to support project work
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Agricultural, Manufacturing, and/or Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology; others may apply
- Must be a full-time student at a university or college local to the Fargo/Moorhead area (NDSU, MSUM, Concordia, etc)
- Must be able to commute to the work location as needed
- Graduation date of May 2021 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Use of National Instruments LabView software
- Basic knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Understanding of various types of sensors such as Proximity, laser, etc
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interpret data and self-direct accordingly
What Makes You Stand Out
- An interest in working in the area of automation
- An interest in working in the electronics assembly industry
- Electrical or mechanical systems knowledge
- Working knowledge of databases
- Highly motivated, self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of basic schematics
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Industrial, Intern, Engineer, Agriculture, Manufacturing, Entry Level, Engineering