Patient Care Tech
CHI St. Vincent Health
LITTLE ROCK, AR
This position qualifies for a $2,500 sign on bonus!
CHI St. Vincent, a regional health network serving Arkansas, is part of CommonSpirit Health. We have served Arkansas since 1888 with a history of many firsts. Together with more than 4,500 coworkers, 1,000 medical staff, and 500 volunteers, we consistently receive praise for care advancements.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health in 2019. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
CHI St. Vincent provides you with the same level of care you provide to others. We care about our employeeâ€™s well-being and offer benefits that complement and support your work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Premium Membership to our Care@Work program to help employees with child care, pet care, senior caregivers, housekeepers & more.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
We want our patients to be as comfortable as possible and believe that starts with basic patient care. We have the best team of nursing assistants in our facilities and now we need you. Our Patient Care Techniciansâ€™ not only collect patient information, but they also help them take their medications on time, assist with meals, attend to personal needs, and change wound dressings as needed. They play a vital role as a liaison between our patients and their care teams. If you are interested in joining this type of healthcare community, we want to talk to you.
What youâ€™ll do:
- Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients
- Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate members of the treatment team with direction of the Charge Nurse
- Assist patients/families with light housekeeping duties such as assisting with meals or changing bed linens
- Reports any changes in a patient's condition to the Charge Nurse
- Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
Education: High School diploma, GED, Metropolitan Test or equivalent;
- Certified Nursing Assistant License OR
- EMT or Paramedic acceptable for ED or OP areas OR
- Official Transcript reflecting completion of fundamentals of nursing and one semester of clinical practice in an RN school. OR
- Six months experience in an acute care setting as a PCT/CNA (within 24 months of application) OR
- If selected for hire, new coworkers will be eligible to complete a two week on the job PCT Training, provided by CHI St. Vincent Nurse Education Dept. (In lieu of the above requirements.)
Experience: No work experience required.
Physical Requirements: Must possess ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time, ability to lift 50 lbs./transfer patients and equipment. Pulling, pushing, and reaching will be required in the day-to-day operation. Must possess ability to see, hear, smell, and speak. The individual in this position will be exposed to inside/outside environmental conditions. There is also potential for exposure to respiratory hazards, blood borne pathogens, chemical hazards, and body fluids. For positions in the ED: Ability to physically restrain, de-escalate and protect patients, staff, visitors, etc. when necessary utilizing training techniques.
Skills: Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association. Must possess demonstrated communication skills, excellent customer service skills and ability to deal effectively with multi-disciplinary team members/patients/significant others and physicians.