Patient Care Tech - Rochester General Hospital
Rochester Regional Health
About the Tower
The new 7-story, 312,000-square-foot critical care center located at Rochester General Hospital is a bold and visionary innovation with breakthrough technology and equipment. It’s part of our goal to provide the highest level of care for the community and focus on what matters to our patients.
The critical care center will feature a brand new surgical care center, a women's health and newborn care, as well as 36 private patient rooms per floor for our medical, surgical, and oncology departments.
Providing the best care for the Rochester community is a team effort, and with positions available across all departments we are excited to provide new opportunities.
As a Patient Care Tech, you will provide direct or indirect patient care in accordance with treatment plans as determined/delegated by a licensed nurse. Your ability to assist with tasks necessary for the general management and organization of the patient care unit is crucial in the overall success of the unit and comfort of Rochester Regional patients.
SCHEDULE: Days/Evenings/Nights (plus every other weekend and alternating holidays)
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital & Sands Constellation for Critical Care
- Completion of one of the following is strongly preferred: Nursing Fundamentals, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification -OR- one (1) year experience as a medical assistant/technician in a health-related facility
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Compassionate, warm and patient focused
- Patient Care & Service. Provide direct patient care & indirect activities to facilitate unit functioning; provide safe and competent care for patients with relationship to nutritional, skin integrity, elimination & hygiene needs; take patient vital signs; ensure equipment and all facilities are clean and stocked with appropriate supplies
- Admission & Transfer of Patients. Assist with admission, discharge and transfer of patients