Seniority Level: Operations Team Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- Customer Service
Position Description Operation Team Associates are responsible for all aspects of payroll processing and providing quality service for clients utilizing our in-house HCM (Human Capital Management) software. As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, providing ongoing resolution and product support to our client while providing superior customer service. Team members must work well under pressure- meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The ability to demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and management is a must.
List job duties:
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and submission of payrolls.
- Trains clients to use on-line systems including electronic reports, general ledger interface, employee onboarding, benefit administration, and time-keeping software.
- Handles high volume of correspondence by telephone, email, and fax while maintaining both composure under stress and keeping to the highest level of professional standards.
- Assist assigned client portfolio with all components related to payroll processing.
- Helps discover and assess client needs, sources the cause of client issues through the use of effective probing techniques, and provides resolutions ensuring a successful client experience.
- Creates accurate, reliable, and complete case activity updates suitable for maintaining an accurate knowledge base. Identifies, recommends, or refers any issues or opportunities which arise from client queries, to the appropriate internal team(s).
- Gain a broad understanding of our in-house payroll and timekeeping software, including the many complex features and configuration options.
- Continually upgrades knowledge and skill base through a wide variety of available resources to ensure familiarity. Monitors statutory laws or legislative rulings that impact clients; learns future products and new tools as they are deployed.
- Complete new hire and ongoing training programs as designed.
- Learn, understand, maintain, and contribute to internal support processes. Proactively seek ways to provide a better service experience for clients; including, recommending enhancements to products and support processes.
- Responsible for Tier 1 procedures.
- Accurately researches problems and works with management to resolve client payroll issues, in a timely, consistent manner.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through superior customer service.
- Required to meet strict deadlines and exercise outstanding initiative and follow through.
- Partner with the Internal Sales Team to introduce additional services to the clients in your portfolio to exceed customer expectations and requirements in regard to payroll, time and attendance, HR and Benefits Administration.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions-
Characteristics for success:
- Trustworthy with dedication to confidentiality.
- Must consistently maintain EXCELLENT customer service and professionalism.
- Must display an ability to work efficiently and accurately with IMPECCABLE attention to detail.
- Detail oriented- exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer service interface and communication.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse customer base made up of individuals representing a wide range of industries and levels in their organizational.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Quickly and easily adapts to change and shifting priorities with enthusiasm.
- Actions and words consistently provide positive motivation and influence to coworkers and clients.
- Ability to understands priorities and what is most important to both internal and external projects.
- Eagerly meets business opportunities and challenges head-on.
- Effectively works with peers in a team focused environment.
- Leads by example.
- Demonstrates strong empathy for customers and their success.
- Capable of communicating brand/products effectively and clearly both cross functionality (sales, product, marketing) and externally (customers) over multiple mediums.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment while demonstrating resourcefulness in the use of available tools and support resources.
- Proven track record of working in a customer-facing environment and developing/driving initiatives.
- Basic understanding of payroll processing workflow from input to delivery of the payroll. Ability to demonstrate mastery of Payroll Fundamentals.
- Technically savvy with the ability to systematically instruct clients on the use of Autopaychecks products and systems.
- Professional and polished telephone manner.
Required skills or knowledge:
- Preferred but not required:
- Previous service bureau experience.
- Experience in payroll and customer service with high-volume data entry.
- Familiarity with multi-state payroll laws regarding taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Experience with large corporate payroll processing that includes exposure to benefits and 401(k).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Display an intermediate level of Microsoft suite of software, in addition to strong technical aptitude.
- Extensive customer service experience with proven skills in conflict resolution.
- Must be able to manage BOTH deadlines and priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
About Autopaychecks At Autopaychecks HCM, we pursue being recognized by our clients, employees, and the communities we serve as the premier provider of payroll and payroll-related solutions in the small to mid-sized business marketplace.
Autopaychecks HCM is an at-will employer.
Team Mission Statement: We are a knowledgeable team committed to being personally responsible, communicating with clarity, intentionally leading with love, respect and integrity, while boldly pursuing greatness.
Hourly Pay Range $15 - $25