New York City, NY
Responsible for handling and assisting in processing bi-weekly U.S. and Canadian payrolls.
Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data in the Payroll System. Manages state tax registration. Responds to questions, resolve issues and delivers quality employee service.
UNITE HERE is the union leading the fight to organize hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers in hotels, casinos, institutional cafeterias, and airport concessions throughout North America. Our union is comprised of over 270,000 members, predominantly women and people of color, and is at the forefront of battles for workers' rights, immigration reform, living wages, and quality jobs in many cities throughout North America. (www.unitehere.org)
Job responsibilities will include:
- Enters all payroll related data necessary to process Payroll and meet submission deadlines.
- Enters all Canadian expense reimbursements.
- Ensures compliance with tax laws, multi-state, local and provincial tax requirements
- Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Prepares manual payroll checks as required.
- Makes any changes to employee information such as W4 withholding, voluntary deductions and garnishments.
- Assists in 401k, pension, workers’ compensation, and financial audits
- Reviews and reconcile W2s and T4s
Perform related duties as assigned
Desired Qualifications include:
- Passion for, and a commitment to, fighting for workers' rights and/or a history of activism.
- College Degree or formal or on-the-job training in payroll practices. May include business school, vocational school or college courses.
- Experience in ADP Workforce Now payroll system required
- Full knowledge of all payroll procedures.
- Excellent computer skills are required in Excel and other relevant applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience. Positions include excellent health and retirement benefits.
UNITE HERE is an equal opportunity employer and gives equal consideration to all applicants without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.