30+ days ago
SAINT LOUIS, MO
Job Title: Accounting Associate-Payroll Status: Full Time
Supervisor’s Name: Controller FLSA: Exempt
Operating Unit: Accounting EEOC: Professional
The Accountant performs a wide variety of transactional duties for the
organization including but not limited to: payroll processing, general ledger transactions entry, monthly grant billing documentation and other accounting duties. This position will be cross trained in all areas of the Accounting department.
Formal Supervisory Responsibility None
• Complete bi-weekly payroll processing, approval of employee benefit requests, update benefit carriers based on employee elections, reconcile benefit vendor statements.
• Complete payroll checklist steps that include but are not limited to balancing payroll, tax transfers, vendor payments, retirement reporting and funding and grant draws.
• Assist other staff in maintaining approved cost allocations and required payroll and benefit documentation as required by agency's internal control process/procedures.
• Complete account reconciliation and other reporting as assigned.
• Enter journal entries as assigned.
Grant Support and Reporting
• Maintain client assistance and grant tracking worksheets/tools, produce transactional documentation required for grant billing for grant accountants.
• Other duties assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Data Analysis or commensurate experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced Excel skills preferred and large system accounting software.
• Strong reconciliation skills for grant reporting and general ledger close.
• Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and m writing.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a strong desire to learn and grow in their accounting knowledge and software skills.
• Practice a high degree of confidentiality.
• Be high performing and overachieving.
• Have the ability to navigate the demands of monthly, quarterly, annual reporting deadlines.
• Have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
• Willing to take on new responsibilities and pitch in.
This position will be assigned to cross train for duties in areas such as cash receipts, payroll etc.
Unusual Working Conditions, If Any
• Requires the ability to walk, bend and lift occasionally (up to 10-15 lbs.).
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability, and environmental conditions required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.