Port St. Lucie, FL
Port St. Lucie, FL, US
Port St. Lucie, FL
11 days ago
Job DescriptionMV Transportation is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Payroll Clerk. The successful candidate possesses the ability to accurately prepare and process payroll for all project employees on a bi-weekly basis, provide administrative assistance with employee file information, and prepare monthly reports for our client. This position will require working closely with the Accounting Manager and Division Manager to ensure all project staff hours are processed effectively and efficiently.Job Responsibilities:
- Enter all payroll information on a daily basis in appropriate software, making note of potential pay discrepancies and ensuring accuracy of employee time data.
- Maintain accurate payroll template to ensure all hours are paid and accounted for.
- Distribute paychecks on a bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports for Operations Manager and General Manager comparing revenue hours and payroll hours to county specified hours.
- Address employee concerns regarding hours worked, pay rates, taxes, garnishments, and paycheck discrepancies.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll accounting in general ledger and monthly financial statements.
- Update and maintain payroll related employee file information.
- Accurately and efficiently process wage and salary increases.
- Provide timely updates to employees through memoranda and other means.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Data entry, payroll processing, clerical experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.