Title : Payroll SpecialistLocation : Centennial, COPosition Type : Full-time / ExemptSalary : $56,000 – $61,000 annually Benefits : Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401K plan with employer match, Paid Time Off, EAP/Annual Calm.com subscription, Continuing education reimbursement, and Onsite Gym
Applying for a new position can be a big decision, and that is why we want to help make that decision easy for you.
Here at Briotix Health, we put our focus in the Industrial and Occupational realm. We consider ourselves life-long-learners and we strive to provide all our team members with the education and nurturing they need to be successful while servicing our clients. Offering our products and services in a nontraditional sports medicine environment comes with many perks across all facets of the organization. We focus on relationship building and strive to make a difference in the lives of everyone we encounter. A day in the life of our Payroll Specialist will include working very closely with a variety of different teams. You will be responsible for payroll operations, and you will work in conjunction with our parent company, USPh. This tole will involve a multitude of responsibilities, including monitoring state and local legislation around payroll, state and local reporting and auditing, and maintaining overall compliance.
We are looking for a critical thinker who offers the ability to problem solve and think quick on their feet. You will be the main point of contact for all payroll related questions and therefore you will need to have excellent customer service skills. This role has a high-level of confidentiality within the organization and will partner regularly with Human Resources.
Core Job Duties:
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely Ensure that employee payroll processing complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Complete payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operation
- Review payroll reports and timesheets for accuracy before payroll
- Process compensation changes, status changes, deductions, and PTO payments in conjunction with Human Resources team
- Audit payroll and timesheet activities
- Assist in state and local tax calculations and filing activities with parent company Payroll team, as per IRS regulation
- Understand and communicate proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Respond to payroll questions or corrections in a professional, considerate, and timely manner
- Analyze payroll issues and trends and recommend corrective actions
- Calculate and process final checks for terminated employees
- Audit and update PTO and holiday balances weekly
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, )
- Prepare payroll reports and audits as needed for business needs
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2+ years of payroll experience with multi-state operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, via virtual meeting platforms, and in writing
- Must be able to work independently as well as in collaborative group settings
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Strong computer skills including intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Canada payroll option or the willingness to learn
- Experience working with parent company or external service provider
At Briotix, we recognize that the team members we hire come from all walks of life. We believe that people from underrepresented backgrounds not only help us to be stronger but also allow our team to connect, belong, and grow. If you share our values and our desire to build meaningful, diverse, and lasting relationships, we highly encourage you to apply.
Key Words: Payroll, Payroll Specialist, Centennial, Colorado, Briotix, Industrial Sports Medicine, Health