Position Summary: Accountable and responsible for accurately producing payroll for clients. Contacts and assists clients in process of obtaining information for payroll production and tax related issues; verifies totals, responds to/resolves client questions and problems and delivers quality customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other job duties as required.
- Maintains a base of payroll clients.
- Contacts clients as required to obtain payroll data including but not limited to salary adjustments, special payments, tax allocations and employee deductions.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data via automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll.
- Stays abreast of the payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws.
- Maintains client files.
- Effectively responds to client questions by properly researching and resolving issues.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies and coworkers to promote a quality service image.
- Basic understanding of payroll processing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to draft and deliver clear written and verbal communications
- Good time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate, efficient data entry skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to maintain focus with frequent interruptions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma with a proven ability in data entry, customer service and problem resolution or associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent