Salad and Go
Salad and Go is on a mission to make healthy, made-to-order food convenient and affordable for everyone. Our team is out to change the health of America and completely disrupt the fast-food world. As a FOR GOOD Company, we have built a team committed to our guests, local community, and each other. Salad and Go is focused on growth and not slowing down until our mission is accomplished.
Position Summary: The Payroll Specialist will administer all aspects of biweekly multi-state, multi-site payroll processing with our payroll vendor, ensuring timing, accuracy, and compliance with federal, state, and local payroll regulations. The individual in this position must have an outgoing, high-energy personality and the ability to share our passion for our mission and the growth of the company.
The Payroll Specialist has the following primary responsibilities:
- Accurately processes all aspects of biweekly, multi-state payroll, which includes transferring data between timekeeping and payroll systems, and completing a payroll checklist.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local payroll regulations and stays abreast of changes.
- Distributes annual W-2s.
- Administers the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program, which includes monthly reporting and verification billing.
- Administers all aspects of employee wage garnishments.
- Receives necessary approvals for payroll related documents including PTO, bonus reports, incentive program adjustments and additional insurance withholdings.
- Processes and creates manual pay adjustments with pay card program, as needed.
- Processes internal reporting for bonus/award programs.
- Enters employee tips, expenses and any adjustments each pay period.
- Balances all hours and earnings prior to submitting payroll.
- Reconciles payroll and taxes and documents outcome.
- Maintains confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Communicates and follows up with stores, distribution center, and support departments for timely submissions, corrections, and problem resolution.
The ideal candidate will:
- Paylocity experience preffered.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years payroll experience and/or 5+ years experience with multi-state payroll.
- CPP certification preferred with expectation of maintaining certification.
- California payroll experience preferred.
- Proficient in an array of technical tools: Microsoft office products including Word, Excel (advanced skills with pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.), SharePoint, Outlook. Publisher, and electronic timekeeping system experience a plus.
- Proficiency with 10-key by touch.
- Excellent guest service experience.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Department: Human Resources
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Human Resources Manager
Direct Reports – No
- 10 days PTO / 5 sick days
- Free Salad and Go Meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available
- Team Member Assistance Program
- Bonus Potential
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned.