Plymouth Rock Assurance
The Payroll Specialist is accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality service for the Payroll Department. This person, using ADP Workforce Now, leads the process of obtaining information for payroll production and tax related issues; verifies totals, responds to/resolves client questions and problems and delivers quality customer service.
The initial level of this position will be established upon hire based on experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly payroll activity for 800 - 1,000 exempt, non-exempt, hourly, and part-time employees.
- Review and import employee time cards from the time and attendance system into WFN
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions, deferrals and loans.
- Process payroll in accordance with company policies for assigned payroll companies and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Process special payrolls including the annual bonus and year-end adjustment payrolls.
- Keying of all payroll related items for assigned location(s) including but not limited to new hires, status changes, terminations, voluntary and involuntary deductions including wage withholding orders (garnishments, child support, tax levies), and direct deposit input.
- Run custom reports within WFN using the reporting tool
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner regarding payroll with the ability to trouble-shoot employee payroll concerns.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Provide assistance in Worker’s Compensation audits
- Support management with audits, monthly reporting and special projects
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications and Education
- 3-4 years of ADP WFN payroll experience required.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws is a must.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,900 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.