Payroll Tax Specialist
Calling all civic-minded applicants who are looking for the opportunity to plant roots and grow with a purpose-driven organization. Würk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance, streamlining operations and minimizing regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus on making social changes in the world in which we live. If you are passionate about using your skills and talents to do good, we here at Würk want to meet you!
The Payroll Tax Specialist is a key member of the Tax Department working closely with Operations and Support Teams to ensure tax filing set up compliance, timely payroll tax deposits, and filings, and working closely with our customer and tax agencies.
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Within the first 30 days, you will learn the ins and outs of the Wurk platform and how Kronos and Master Tax integrates
- the end of 60 days, be able to make tax payments, file tax returns as well as research and resolve tax notices
- Within 90 days, be a self-sufficient Tax Analyst, owning the process of building, managing and support of client tax cases including tax return amendments
- Assist with the weekly, quarterly and annual provision process
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- Meet with clients to gather information and explain options to them
- Researching and understanding various tax laws
- Manage, utilize and own tax agency relationship
- Maintain compliance with tax agencies such as EFT enrollment, bulk filing enrollment, POA submission and attachment as well as any other payroll tax-related regulatory changes
- Track multiple tasks/action items, prioritize and escalate issues when necessary
- Create and build professional documentation of new processes and procedures regarding tax procedures and changes
What you’ll need to have!
- 2-year degree or equivalent payroll tax experience
- Experience with Master Tax
- EA certification preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting functions
- Customer service experience required
- Solid interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers and customers
- Ability to manage specific tasks to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-up opportunities, and have a strong desire to excel
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Visit or work at our new Scottsdale office
- Do you love dogs? So do we! (We’re dog-friendly!)
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
The approximate base salary range for this position is $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 based on candidate experience, education and geographic location. This is the range for CO residents, consideration will be given for location, experience, etc.