Payroll Tax Specialist
Position Summary: The Tax Specialist is accountable and responsible for all aspects of quality service for clients to ensure timely, efficient reconciliation and entry of daily, quarterly and annual tax deposit information. Contacts and assists clients in process of obtaining information for tax related issues. The Tax Specialist ensures all mid-quarter and mid-year conversion processes are completed timely and accurately and accurately and effectively manage assigned client relationships with all internal and external business partners to enhance the overall client experience. Participates in or may conduct training sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes balances and reconciles client tax deposit and filing information with employee balance information and resolves any out of balance conditions by working with the client, third party tax agencies and assigned Implementation Specialists.
- Coordinates and reviews client documentation for client deposits and filings for all affected quarters.
- Proactively communicates any balance issues, develops resolution plan and notifies client of any advice of debit as applicable
- Provides clients with status of Mid-Quarter and Mid-Year conversions.
- Utilizes various means of client communications including Quarterly Tax Verification letter to notify clients of current tax status.
- Provides client with Quarterly Wage and Tax Register to ensure client information is recorded properly for W2 purposes.
- Utilizes current processes, tools and systems to enter and submit current and prior quarter tax liability and tax deposit information.
- Completes End of Day tasks including ACH file uploads to PTM, Cachet and Single Point.
- Maintains client files.
- Researches and resolves client/system problems.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and coworkers to promote a quality customer service image
- Participates in or conducts training sessions for other staff.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.