Payroll Technician (West Valley)
Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Under direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor, performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing to include: computing wage and overtime payments, calculating, recording payroll deductions, producing payroll reports and processing terminations. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Enters tips into team members time record prior to each bi-weekly payroll.
* Verifies and enters team member direct deposit forms.
* Enters all tax reporting information for team members in PeopleSoft.
* Audits file transfers for team members raises, transfers and promotions to ensure changes made to right team member file.
* Prepares ad hoc reports by exporting data from PeopleSoft and Electronic Payroll System to meet organization requests.
* Enters all garnishments into team members records.
* Calculates team members back pay.
* Processes all termination paperwork.
* Ensures all changes and paperwork are completed prior to bi-weekly payroll processing.
* Processes bi-weekly payroll; prints checks and direct deposit slips; runs payroll reports and updates team members vacation and sick leave balance.
* Verifies team members vacation and sick leave balance prior to processing payroll.
* Files all team member documents in the appropriate payroll files and/or other related team member files.
* Maintains confidentially of all team members information.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus two (2) years payroll experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 18 years of age or older. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain a gaming license and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Kronos.
* Knowledge of payroll practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of tax regulations.
* Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
* Ability to accurately enter information into computer systems.
* Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
* Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
While performing the duties of this job, the team member regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.