The Health Homes physician consultant (HHPC) works closely with the interdisciplinary care team to address the physical, behavioral and social needs of the Health Home Member (HHM). The HHPC directs staff in the various professional functions and directs and assists in the development of promotion of the whole person concept through continuity and quality of care for HHMs. The HHPC Works closely with a multi-disciplinary team also referred to as interdisciplinary team (ICT) in health home model. The HHPC leads the ICT Team.
The HHCP is knowledgeable regarding the principles and practices of general medicine and surgery with particular reference to the techniques and trends in the diagnosis of physical and mental disabilities and in treatment programs for such disabilities
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Uses motivational interviewing and trauma informed care practice.
- Establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships with both internal and external staff and other agencies
- Must have knowledge of NCQA standards related to a PCMH
- Have a passion and interest in building a patient centered team
- Has ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries diseases and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative health care measures.
- Must be able to explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Unrestricted CA Physician License
- Current CA DEA certificate required
- BC in Pediatrics
- Minimum 1-3 years experience preferred
- BLS certification
- EMR- EPIC Proficient, preferred