Pediatrician- Waterloo, IA
Iowa Primary Care Association
27 days ago
- Schedule Expectation: 4 days 8:30am-5pm, 1 day 11:30am-8:00pm
- Full time Pediatrician with Hospitalist rotation
- Current staff: 5 Pediatricians, 1 PNP, 6 nursing staff, 4 aides, 2 LMSWs in each pod
- 20-22 patients per 8-hour day
- All patient slots are 20 minutes
- Call: 1 in 5 weeks as Hospitalist at local hospitals UnityPoint and Mercy One
- Position available: November 2021
- Compensation: Salaried position
- Insurance: Health and Dental Insurance (Eye Exams covered under Health)
- Malpractice Insurance: FTCA malpractice coverage, GAP, and Tail coverage
- Disability Insurance: Short term disability/Long term disability/Life Insurance
- Vacation Time: 16 days
- Sick time: 7 days
- Holidays: In addition to Vacation/Sick Time
- Retirement Plan: 401K Plan
Health Center Overview:
- Laboratory, X-Ray, and Pharmacy on site
- EHR: Athena Health
- A private non-profit FQHC located by Downtown Waterloo
- Center provides primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care
- In 2018 the centers had around 60,000 visits
- 34,000 square foot facility built in 1999
- 2008 satellite clinic built in Butler County with Primary and Dental Care
- Center has full time interpretive services, homeless outreach, and social work and behavioral services.
- Cedar Valley area of Iowa
- Located in Black Hawk County
- Waterloo’s population is 67,934 and is sits next to Cedar Falls with a population of 41,390
- Activities: Waterloo BlackHawks Hockey, Cedar Falls Raceway (dragsters), Community Theatre, Gallagher-Bluedom Performing Arts Center on the UNI campus, Victorian Architecture, Symphony Orchestra, Arboretum and Botanic Gardens, The Cedar Valley Nature Trail, The Isle Hotel and Casino, The Lost Island Waterpark is popular with residents and visitors, fishing, camping, cross country skiing, golf courses, River Loop Amphitheater with free concerts, and Waterloo Bucks baseball.
- People of the area enjoy kayaking, biking trails, golfing, hunting, and fishing for outdoor recreation.
- Cedar Falls is home to University of Northern Iowa and the area has Hawkeye Community College and Wartburg College.
- Cedar Falls has a historic downtown area.
- For K-12 public education, there are three high schools in Cedar Falls (1) and Waterloo (2) as well as numerous middle schools and elementary schools.
- Downtown Waterloo festivals/events: Friday'loo in Lincoln Park, My Waterloo Days, Tourd’Loo, the Iowa Irish Festival, and Sturgis Falls for Jazz music.
- Local airport: Waterloo Regional Airport served by American Airlines