Per Diem IV Nurse
Assess, plan, implement and evaluates intravenous therapy on patients for whom the physician has ordered intravenous treatment. Work in conjunction with the professional nursing staff in meeting the special needs of patients with I.V. therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license/permit.
- Successfully completed courses of instruction in intravenous therapy.
- Past practice and experience in both venipuncture and parenteral administration of fluid, electrolytes and medications.
- Current membership in the National Intravenous Therapist Association (desired).
- Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of caring and tradition at Calvary Hospital as required by specific job duties and functions.