East Rutherford, NJ
ABOUT AMERICAN DREAM
American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet in East Rutherford, New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City. American Dream is home to leading attractions that includes DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe, Big SNOW, Angry Birds Golf, The Rink, Blacklight Mini Golf, and a curated collection of premier dining and retail stores, including flagship locations for H&M, Uniqlo and PRIMARK as well as Lululemon, Sephora, Aritzia, Zara and IT’SUGAR, the world’s first “candy department store.” For more information on American Dream, visit www.americandream.com or follow us on Instagram@americandream.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The main purpose of the Performer is:
- To create an innovative and fun family entertainment utilizing specialized skills and abilities. Provide outstanding internal and external guest service at all times. Ensure a positive guest experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Entertain Nickelodeon Universe guests in a professional manner
- Ensure the safety of Nickelodeon Universe guests
- Perform to highest standards and act appropriately for family audiences
- Take direction from Team Leads and Supervisors
- Ensure safety of costumed characters while in an escorting role
- Maintain cleanliness of work environments both “onstage” and off
- May be asked to assist with set up and tear down of special events
- Regular, reliable and consistent attendance
- Additional duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Represent Nickelodeon Universe with highest degree of professionalism
- Good listening skills when dealing with guests, coworkers and supervisors
- Ability to work as part of a team and in collaboration with other departments.
- Able to work within the character costume, ie: not claustrophobic or overly sensitive to excessive heat.
Non-Equity Specialty Performers (Jugglers, Stilt Walkers, Magicians, ect) for roaming entertainment performances. Other specialty acts are welcome to apply as well. Performers must be over the age of 18.
All performers MUST be local to the NY/NJ area and must have their own reliable transportation. Please note that specialty performers may also be expected to perform as character performers
This position is part time and pay is $17/hour.
In addition to your application submission, you MUST submit the following via email to
- Your CV/resume (including contact information, height, special skills, and past performance experience)
- Your headshot
- A full body picture
- Availability through the end of 2020
- Video reel or footage of specialty performances
- Stand/move about –Frequently, 90%
- Kneel/crouch– Periodically, up to 40%
- Reach at or above shoulder level – Frequently, 50%
- Reach at or below shoulder level – Frequently, 50%
- Handle/lift large items such as boxes or packages – Daily
- Bend/stoop/squat – Frequently, 50%
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.