Two Rivers YMCA
Help us, Help you, Help others! Looking for Certified Personal Trainers with a passion for helping people reach their wellness goals!
Currently looking for night and weekend availability.
Summary: A Personal Trainer will be responsible with creating and implementing detailed exercise or nutritional programs based on client needs in order to promote overall quality of all Two Rivers YMCA wellness programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruit and develop new Personal Training clients.
- Forward ideas and recommendations about the Personal Training program to the Fitness Director.
- Conduct fitness consultations according to YMCA protocols.
- Ensure all exercise areas are safe.
- Provide safe exercise recommendations to clients based on established industry guidelines.
- Report any hazardous situation or equipment shortcomings to the Fitness Director.
- Develop exercise programs to fit individual client needs.
- Explain the prepared exercise program to the client.
- Demonstrate and teaching the exercises to the client while providing feedback on technique.
- Abide by all personal trainer policies and Two Rivers YMCA policies.
- Be punctual and prepared for all appointments with clients or professional staff.
- Attend mandatory and optional staff training classes.
- Be a responder in the event of an emergency.
- Be comfortable using and demonstrating all the equipment.
- Track and reporting client training times and dates.
- Maintains an acceptable level of physical fitness as necessary to maintain all certifications.
- Continue professional development as recommended by the YMCA of the USA and supervisor.
Effect and End Results:
- The community will view the Two Rivers YMCA as an integral part of the community s wellness resources and expertise.
- The Two Rivers YMCA will offer cutting-edge Personal Training programs. The quality of programs will be improved through regular program evaluation.
- Staff, members, participants, and the community will be constantly aware of Personal Training programs offered through the Two Rivers YMCA.
- All Personal Training activities will maintain a high level of quality and professionalism.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum high school diploma and a current nationally accredited Personal Training Certificate. Examples are ACE, ACSM, NASM, NCSF, NFPT, NETA, NSCA, Cooper Institute, or IFPA
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, curriculum, and policy/procedure manuals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members and non-members of the YMCA. Ability to verbally communicate effective instructions to clients and other staff members.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPR/AED Certification, Blood borne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention and appropriate Wellness/Personal Training Certificates.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have competence on a computer.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.