Photographer and Photo Editor
Radio Systems Corporation
Are you a creative who has a passion for pets and enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? Do you truly enjoy creating beautiful product pictures? If so, this might be a great opportunity for you! RSC would like to add a Photographer/Photo Editor to our Creative Services Media team! In this role, you will bring our pet brand portfolio to life through engaging, emotional, and quality photography. We need a keen creative eye for capturing the emotional connection between our products, pets and models that will inspire our customers and uplift our brand stories. From concept to delivery, you will work cross functionally with the Radio Systems Corporation’s brands (PetSafe®, Invisible Fence Brand®, SportDOG Brand®, Kurgo® & Premier Pet™) to visually tell their brand stories through engaging industry leading lifestyle, in studio and product focused photography. The photographer will consistently work on-set to get the most out of our cat and dog talent and deliver final assets that will represent our products in an impactful way and tell our story to our customers.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where’s that you say? Let’s talk about what’s famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called “The Marble City” and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World’s Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the “Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady” with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
Find out why Radio Systems Corporation is a Great Place to Work!
What you will do on the Creative Services Media Team:
- Photograph product for packaging, eComm, digital, brand campaigns as well for other RSC brand needs
- Perform all photo editing including retouching, color correction, and file preparation for delivery
- Format images for use across all media including print, web, digital and social media
- Archive files on the internal server and Product Information Management System
- Contribute to and adhere to RSC photography standards and brand guidelines
- Understand the consumers’ needs and expectations for our products and services as related to product photography
- Individually plan, schedule, and execute photoshoots in collaboration with media coordinator
- Work with brand teams on assisting and creating detailed product shot lists
- Research new technologies, maintain work areas and make suggestions for new production and postproduction equipment
- Work and collaborate with cross functional brand teammates to conceptualize, plan, and execute creative product photography
- Research and stay abreast/knowledgeable of current trends in product photography and CGI use in advertising, e-commerce, and digital/social platforms
- Uphold project specifications and updates using Jira project management system
- Take ownership for career development and coordinate with manager for setting goals, milestones, and accountability for meeting objectives
- 1+ years of commercial photography experience
- Experience working with RAW file format
- Advanced knowledge of Lightroom and Photoshop with proficiency in color correcting, retouching, and compositing
- Understanding of professional digital cameras and lighting equipment
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of photography principals
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication skills and ability to pitch creative concepts
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, 401K match, maternity and paternity leave, and flexible work-life balance. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. At Radio Systems Corporation, our teammates are our greatest strength. We strive to build a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve by hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression and talent. We recruit and reward teammates based on capability and performance and together we are building a culture that welcomes all dimensions of an individual’s identity including race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, educational background, national origin or ancestry, religion, veteran status, or physical ability. We embrace these differences and the unique contributions each teammate brings not just because it is the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. While we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and a culture of belonging, we recognize that we still have more work to do and a lot more to learn. PM20 #LI-RL1
About the Company
Radio Systems Corporation
Radio SystemsÂ® Corporation is the leading manufacturer of pet products. Our family of brands includes PetSafeÂ® (www.petsafe.net), Invisible FenceÂ® Brand (www.invisiblefence.com) and SportDOGâ„¢ (www.sportdog.com). We are a company driven by innovation and dedication to our consumers and communities. Since our founding in 1991, Radio Systems has grown into an international corporation selling in over 52 countries, and is expanding its reach every day. Our portfolio includes a wide array of electronic training and containment systems, waste management products, nutritional supplements, innovative treats and much more. We are headquartered in Knoxville, TN but have remote offices in various places across the globe.
The mission of Radio Systems Corporation is to" build the most trusted brands." This means encouraging creativity to produce quality products to our consumers. We strive to constantly improve our existing offerings as well as create new products to meet consumersâ€™ and petsâ€™ needs.