Physical Therapist Assistant - Skilled Nursing - PRN
EncompassCare, a provider of home health, short- and long-term medical and rehabilitation care, is seeking compassionate and driven Physical Therapy Assistants/LPTAs to join our therapy team in Lima, OH. This is an In-House therapy program.
EncompassCare provides therapy in geriatric healthcare settings that produces measurable outcomes through therapy interventions to truly make a difference in someone's life. We treat each individual on the basis of his/her personal goals, medical conditions, and targeted discharge environment to create a personalized care plan to meet the needs of our residents and patients.
Along with our family focused culture and outstanding working environment, we offer a competitive compensation package for PRN Physical Therapist Assistants/PTAs.
The physical therapist assistant will implement the plan of care as established by the physical therapist and the physician upholding excellence with quality of care.
This is a PRN position with variable hours.
EncompassCare believes each employee makes a significant contribution to the quality of life of our residents and the success of the organization. Employee contributions are not limited by assigned job responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline essential functions, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to the responsibilities identified. It is EncompassCare's expectation that each individual will be flexible in offering their services to ensure the highest quality care to our residents.
- Because EncompassCare exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care.
- Commitment to EncompassCare mission and values.
- Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one's feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up to greater than 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others.
- Leadership ability to take action and achieve results through others.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Ensures a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Reports all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries, and equipment to supervisor/appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Adheres to all policies of the company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards, and resident rights.
- Adapts to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks, and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
- Communicates effectively and professionally while maintaining patient confidentiality when corresponding with patients, patients' family, physical therapist and other healthcare professionals.
- Performs and conducts work responsibilities and interactions in an honest, ethical, and cooperative manner using effective judgment and decision making.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Identifies indications for evaluations of residents at appropriate intervals under the direction of the physical therapist
- Assists the physical therapists in the evaluations process in the areas of muscle strength, coordination, mobility, transfer training, balance training, gait training, and other areas as directed.
- Assists the physical therapists in identifying a short term goals, long term goals, and treatment plan as directed.
- Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the physical therapist and outlined in the treatment plan that includes, but is not limited to, areas of muscle strength, coordination, mobility, sensory awareness, sitting and standing, transfer training, balance activities, gait training, range of motion activities, modalities, etc.
- Assists in the selection of physical therapy treatment techniques and adapts the treatment techniques as indicated by resident performance and following consultation the physical therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the physical therapist.
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and consults with the physical therapist if modification is indicated.
- Assists with the development of appropriate home or facility programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment.
- Assists the physical therapist with home assessments if required.
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual resident's schedules in conjunction with the physical therapist and other team members.
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Provides, recommends, and fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Conducts and participates in patient education and caregiver education activities.
- Prepares, maintains, and disseminates patient records and reports as mandated by regulatory agencies, physicians, and at the written request of the patient while maintaining patient confidentiality when corresponding with physical therapists and other healthcare professionals.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures, and productivity standards.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in planning, implementation, and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
- Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
- Assists with and participates in manual medical reviews as required.
- Maintains a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training, education classes and meetings as required.