Lincoln, IL, US
23 days ago
Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive care to patients of all ages through the proper utilization of evaluation, planning and implementation of a treatment plan in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines. Responsible for staff development and advancing the level of clinical expertise within the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy required
- Current Illinois Licensure as Physical Therapist or eligible for licensure
- Healthcare Provider or Instructor BLS certification required within 30 days of hire
- 2 years experience in Physical Therapy preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to show respect for patient rights by considering their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values
- Knowledge of proper procedure for all physical therapy evaluation procedures, modalities, including age-specific, precautions and contra-indications
- Consistently and thoroughly evaluates patients with differing diagnoses and devises an individualized, comprehensive plan of care based on facts and best practice.
- Recommends and performs treatment as ordered by referring physician.
- Educates about disease process, equipment use, and rehabilitation techniques, as appropriate.
- Actively researches and develops new services and/or continuously suggests improvements to existing.
- Engages in at least one activity yearly which promotes individualized professional development.
- Provide aquatic therapy for those patients who it is indicated.
- Determination for discharge is according to written criteria.
- Maintain state of art clinical expertise in areas of responsibilities by attending continuing education courses and in-services.
- Supervises and guides PTA and other personnel as required for patient care.
- Participates in QA, research and other projects as requested.
- Represents the hospital service line in hospital and community education programs.
- Demonstrates support for and participates as requested in accomplishing Memorial Health, departmental and team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.