Rancho Mirage, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA
30+ days ago
Radiation Therapy (ELCCC)
Full Time,Day,8 Hour Shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- Under the supervision of the attending provider, the Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for the treatment and management of patients presenting for related services. Works under the direct supervision of the CAO and Supervising Physician. Practice is directed under Title 16; section 1399.500 et. Seq., of the California Administrative Committee and the PA Practice Act. Management of care, and as outlined in EMA Delegation of Services Agreement.
- Providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Health promotion and disease prevention-based goals for self-care skills.
- Provide counseling and education
- Offer collaborative practice-based setting.
- Provide risk assessment to families and community.
- Primary and acute care level of intervention.
- Reports to
- Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Moderate Potential
- Required: Physician Assistant licensure by PA’s Examining Committee of the Medical Board of California, American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: One or more years of experience in Radiation Oncology
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Utilizes the medical model to manage patient care.
- Assesses the health status of patients
- Obtains a relevant health and medical history
- Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
- Performs or orders diagnostic procedures based on the client’s needs.
- Identifies health and medical risk factors.
- Makes accurate diagnosis by:
- Utilizing critical thinking in the diagnostic process.
- Synthesizing and analyzing the collected data.
- Formulating a differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination, and diagnostic test results.
- Establishing priorities to meet the health and medical needs of the client.
- Develops a treatment plan under the supervising physician to maximize health potential.
- Selecting appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Developing a patient education plan and providing patient teaching.
- Appropriate consultation/referral.
- Interventions are based on priorities and are individualized and consistent with plan of care.
- Evaluates and follows up on patient status making modifications in the treatment plan as necessary based on reassessment.
- Recognizes priorities in critical situations and acts in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Facilitates patient participation in health and medical care by providing education needed to make decisions and choices about:
- Promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Consultation with other appropriate health care personnel.
- Appropriate utilization of health care resources.
- Facilitation of entry into the healthcare system or admission to facility under direction of Supervising Physician.
- The promotion of a safe, realistic discharge plan.
- Performs the diagnostic testing within scope of practice.
- Ethical and legal standards provide the basis for patient advocacy.
- Adheres to standardized procedures/protocols in clinical practice.
- Accepts responsibilities only within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to the 5 Star Standards for all interactions.
- Language, appearance and behavior reflect the 5 Star Standards.