Physician - Pediatrics - Cardiology - Pediatric Cardiologist Electrophysiologist - Minneapolis, MN
University of Minnesota Physicians
The University of Minnesota Department of Pediatrics seeks a Pediatric Cardiologist specializing in Electrophysiology for a full-time faculty position in the Division of Pediatrics Cardiology. The rank of this position is at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor based on qualifications.
About the Department:
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics is to generate new knowledge through research, to apply this new knowledge to the highest quality health care for the prevention and treatment of illness in children, and to provide the best possible education of the next generation of medical students, physicians, and other health professionals in childhood disease prevention, treatment, research, and advocacy. Through this mission the Department seeks to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and the world.
About the Appointment:
- The candidate will be responsible for performing invasive and non-invasive electrophysiology evaluations and procedures as well as providing medical treatment for arrhythmias.
- There will be oversight responsibility for Pediatric Electrocardiography including Holter monitors and event monitor records.
- Besides the University of Minnesota system, there is a busy outreach system for electrocardiograms, Holters and even monitor tracings from other Twin Cities institutions and from greater Minnesota.
- The potential opportunity exists to interface with a busy Adult Electrophysiology service with intense research and clinical activity.
- Opportunities also exist for outreach electrophysiology activities within the state and out of state.
- The candidate may also participate in inpatient attending activities and outpatient clinics.
- MD/DO must be a graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and Pediatric Cardiology fellowship training programs
- Must have successfully completed advanced Pediatric Electrophysiology training.
- Board certified and/or board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology