OTTO ([òt-to] /'o:tto/, meaning: eight) is not just your average neighborhood pizza shop, it is a home to artists, innovators, visionaries and food connoisseurs turning the ordinary Italian pie into an extraordinary experience! Our mission is to revolutionize pizza and create memories worth sharing! In addition to being part of a creative, friendly team OTTO employees are truly valued and have access to free meals while on shift, flexible schedules and a full benefits package for all full – time individuals.
We are committed to doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. Preventive steps include but are not limited to: gloves and masks are mandatory for all employees (provided by OTTO), phone interviews, employee temperature checks before work commences, frequent cleaning and handwashing, all products served with disposable items, plexiglass shields placed at counters, contactless delivery, daily wellness checks, and continued reliance from the CDC and local health departments.
As a Pizza Cook you will be responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, safety and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food for approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Serves or ensures proper serving of food for take-out or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, safety, personal hygiene and health standards. Utilizes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Safely uses establishments appliances/grills/ovens to prepare menu items
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all menu items served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance; comply with company dress policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to read and comprehend labels and directions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision required.
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Ability to work within timeframe of standard policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
- Ability to work well on a team.
- Ability to take direction when needed.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- High School Diploma preferred not required.
- Previous cooking experience preferred not required.
- Knife Skills preferred, MUST meet minimum age requirements (at least 18yrs) if the location utilizes automatic slicers.