Lancaster, NY, US
1 day ago
Lancaster, New York Usa , New York , United States
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
More than 3 years
Responsible for coordinating the flow of raw material, detailed parts and assemblies within or between departments to support the production build schedule and customer deliveries for assigned product lines. The Buyer/ Planner is also responsible for optimizing inventory levels, purchasing designated materials and to be alert to material changes, shortages, unplanned scrap and material availability.
For 85+ years, Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (formerly Scott Aviation) has been a supplier of respiratory systems and components for aviation use. We have a reputation for commitment to quality and service and have always strived to support and delight our customers.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US (AVOX Systems Inc.) provides oxygen systems and components for both commercial and military aircraft. Our products are currently flying on most operating aircraft, including rotary wing.
Our products include:
• Masks for crew and passengers on civilian and military aircraft
• Cylinders for storing oxygen onboard
• Chemical generators for producing oxygen
• Regulators of all types to control oxygen pressure and flow
• Valves to control the flow of oxygen
• Accessories to stow, mount, refill, monitor, dispense and discharge
We remain dedicated to the same levels of service and performance excellence which earned the company its stellar standing in the aviation industry.
Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US is an equal opportunity employer. Safran Aerosystems Oxygen Systems US does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or hereditary cellular or blood trait, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled or Vietnam area veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
There is no relocation associated with this position. This job is located in Lancaster, New York. Please apply at www.safran-group.com
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Review incoming customer order requirements and schedule based upon available material and capacity.
2. Analyze and employ capacity planning techniques as they relate to the production build schedule.
3. Evaluate and modify/approve system suggested planning messages.
4. With the concurrence of the Value Stream Manager, the Buyer/Planner establishes order policies, lot sizes, lead-times on assigned products.
5. Evaluate/React to requests from Sales and Shipping for delivery change requests if appropriate/achievable
6. Develop, monitor, and ensure that all Kanban systems designed to support the assigned product lines are operating smoothly and efficiently. The Buyer/Planner will coordinate all cell requirements with the supplier and the team members.
7. Recommend blanket orders, contracts, or special supply arrangements to the Purchasing Department, and coordinate the necessary implementation.
8. Modify production schedules as changes occur.
9. Expedite material as necessary. Assist other planners with expediting as necessary.
10. Coordinate the timely disposition of MVR's and support all QA activities to communicate non-conformance and corrective actions with suppliers. Process “PICKUP” requests as needed.
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Associates or Bachelors degree in related discipline
Required: One year of manufacturing experience.
Preferred: Three plus years material planning/shop scheduling
Required: Experience with on line ERP manufacturing systems
Microsoft Office Applications- Excel, Word
Other - Financial analysis skills as they relate to material/inventory
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.