Plant Finance Manager
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Plant Finance Manager provides fiduciary oversight for plant financial statements (i.e., Bakery Analysis Report, General Ledger, Balance Sheet). Develop and maintain a strong business partnership with Plant and Regional Leadership to effect operational decisions that lead to lowest landed cost. Liaison with all levels of the Plant Leadership team and Regional and Corporate Supply Chain Finance.
- Provide fiduciary oversight for plant spending, validating the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and operational indicators. Proactively manage costs and provide guidance/counsel to the management team to ensure the plant is meeting financial goals.
- Support plant management team in driving productivity results: develop plan, track results, effectively utilize information to identify potential projects, provide analysis/guidance on projects identified by team, coordinate meetings/cadence as necessary to ensure team stays on track/delivers results.
- Create annual budgets and periodic forecasts. Support the development of finished good standard costs including material and resource requirements.
- Support the monthly accounting close and post-close cycles including generation of accruals and adjusting entries, validation of results, valuation of project improvement initiatives, and explanation of results in comparison to prior year and budget. Identify causal factors driving plant performance, corrective actions, and measure performance against stated objectives.
- Oversee the results of plant operational activities (i.e. inventory, cost, WIP/BOM) and general accounting activities (i.e. payroll, A/P, fixed assets) to ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed and financial results are accurately recorded.
- Support the development and approval of Capital Investment projects including the business/financial rationale for all financial return projects. Monitor progress against capital projects and evaluate completed project results with the objective of determining if the planned goals were achieved. Ensure resulting fixed asset additions and retirements are properly identified and reconciled.
- Provide project support including ad hoc analysis to support manufacturing decisions, local strategic analysis, special projects and presentation decks.
- Support reconciliation of Units Produced vs Units Shipped.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed to support plant operational and financial objectives.